Income Realty Home Watch Services
When your property is unoccupied, you risk a greater chance of damage and loss from the many things that can happen when you aren’t there!
- Water Leaks
- Electrical issues
- Insect and/or Rodent infestations
- and More!
What is Home Watch?
Home Watch is defined as “A visual inspection of a home or property, looking for obvious issues.”
Income Realty provides Home Watch Services to help minimize that exposure and the angst of your unoccupied property.
How do we do that?
- Our Home Watch visits occur weekly or bi-weekly, depending on your requirements.
- We develop a customized checklist with you, based on your desires and preferences, utilizing industry best practices as outlined by the National Home Watch Association.
- We provide an electronic report that is geo-location based and time-stamped, so you know when we check with problems identified and pictures to support those findings.
- If we come across a problem that requires immediate attention, we will do what we can to mitigate the problem and then contact you for the “next steps”.
Why do you need Home Watch services by Income Realty?
- We have over 40 years property management experience looking after homes and commercial property
- Income Realty is an accredited member of the National Home Watch Association which requires us to be bonded and insured for your protection. Additionally, we are required to pass a background check.
- We follow the Code of Ethics of the NHWA
- We are required to attend Continuing Education courses to improve our knowledge and skills
- Your friend or neighbor or other home checkers will not give your home the attention and care that Income Realty will provide.
What else do we do?
- Expecting a delivery when you are away? We can take care of it.
- Need access for service and maintenance providers? We can hold your keys and provide access and wait while they do their work and ensure your home is secured upon departure.
- Pre and Post storm checks when the need arises.
- Need something special, just let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
What do we check in your home?
Unless your home is a condo, we will check the interior and exterior of your home based on our checklist. This will include but is not limited to these types of items:
Exterior Check (Not part of Condo Checks)
- Check roof from ground level
- Doors and window or other points of entry
- Sprinkler system
- Any indicators of problems or potential problems
- Electrical system
- Breaker Panel
- Leaks in water zones (kitchen, bathrooms, hot water heaters)
- Flush toilets, run faucets, cycle dish washer
- Floors and ceiling for evidence of leaks
- Environmental Systems
- Heating and air conditioning units
- Security/Safety Systems
- Test smoke detectors
- Alarm system
Our finalized, custom checklist for your home will include details such as set points for in-home systems such as temperature, electrical, water, hot water heater, etc.
Areas We Serve
Miami, Pinecrest, Palmetto Bay, Cutler Bay, Homestead, Kendall, Doral, Brickell, Coconut Grove, and Florida City
Certified Home Watch Professional by the National Home Watch Association
A Word About Insurance Coverage
More and more property insurance companies are requiring homes to be checked when they are unoccupied for a specified period of time. This depends on the company and if they have the requirement. Check with your insurance company to see what their requirements are. Many that have an unoccupied clause require evidence of the property being checked on a regular basis, within their time frame. Our electronic reporting system documents the date, time and location of when we checked your home.